THE IMAGE OF DANIEL 2
1. What occurred to Nebuchadnezzar in the second year of his reign?
2. By what means did he seek to have the dream and the interpretation made known.
3. What acknowledgement was forced upon the wise men of Babylon:
Daniel 2: 10-11.
4. What decree did the king make?
Daniel 2: 12-13 and
What was Daniel’s request?
5. Whom did Daniel request to seek God with him that the dream might be revealed?
6. What was the result?
7. How did Daniel express his thanks?
8. Did Daniel claim to be wise enough to make known the king’s dream?
9. What led the king to dream as he did.
10. What did the king dream?
11. What did the head of gold represent:
Daniel 2:37, 38 and Daniel 1:1.
12. What was represented by the breast of silver?
13. What kingdom conquered Babylon?
14. What kingdom conquered Media and Persia?
Daniel 8:20, 21.
15. What did the belly and sides of brass represent:
16. What was represented by the legs of iron?
17. What kind of kingdoms were these to be?
18. Was there still another kingdom besides Babylon, Medo-Persia and Grecia:
19. What then was the name of the fourth kingdom?
20. What was to happen to the Roman Empire?
Daniel 2: 41, 41.
21. How and when was Rome divided?
Answer: Between 356 A.D and 483 A.D Rome was divided into just ten parts by being overrun by the tribes from the north which settled in different sections of the Roman Empire and established independent rule.
- Did such mingling or intermarriage take place?
Answer: Most of the rulers of Europe are thus intermarried, but they are not united; each is independent. It is true that many of the European nations are united in a European Union, an economic union, which will eventually develop into a political union possibly forming a revival of the Roman Empire. However, the image of Daniel 2 gives an outline of the four universal Empires from the time of Babylon to Rome and then briefly portrays the division of the Roman Empire in the “latter days”. The events in more detail with respect to the ecclesiastical and political developments in the days prior to the return of Jesus are described in the vision of Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 through 17 and will be dealt with in the next two lessons. The ten toes of the great image of Daniel 2 represent the division of the Roman Empire into just ten nations, namely, The Allemani, the Anglo-Saxons, the Franks, the Burgundians, the Visigoths, the Suevi, the Ostrogoths, the Lombards, the Heruli and the Vandals.
24. While Daniel was beholding the image, what happened?
Daniel 2:34, 35, 45.
25. What did the “stone” represent?
Daniel 2: verse 35 [last part] and verse 44.
26. When is the “stone” kingdom established?
27. What part of the image does the stone smite?
28. What does this represent?
Answer: The setting up of Christ’s kingdom upon the earth which will be “in the days of these kings”. St John the Divine describes this scene in Revelation 11:15.
“……The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord , and of His Christ , and He shall reign for ever and ever”.