THE LAW OF CLEAN AND UNCLEAN
1. What does the apostle John say regarding our health?
3 John 2.
2. What does God promise His people?
3. Upon what condition is freedom from sickness promised?
4. Why should the health of the body be preserved?
1 Corinthians 6:20; Romans 12:1
5. What is the body of the believer declared to be?
1 Corinthians 6:19
6. What will God do to those who defile this temple?
1 Corinthians 3:17
7. What example did Daniel set in this matter?
8. What high purpose should control our habits of life?
1 Corinthians 10:31
9. What attitude should we have in life?
10. Is it necessary for our body to have rest?
11. Is temperance necessary for good health?
2 Peter 1:5-7
12. Does it matter how we take care of our bodies?
1 Thessalonians 5:23
13. Does it matter what kind of food we eat?
Daniel 1:8; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 3:17
14. Did Peter eat unclean food?
15. What was meant in Acts 10:15 [See verse 28]
16. Does the Bible distinguish between clean and unclean food?
Leviticus 11; Deuteronomy 14:1-21
17. What evidence do we have that the law of clean and unclean was practiced before the days of Moses?
Genesis 7:1, 2
18. Why does God desire our bodies to be pure?
1 Corinthians 6:20; Deuteronomy 14:2, 3; 1 Peter 2:9
19. What do the scriptures say of wine?
Proverbs 20:1; 23:31, 32
20. What are some of the evil results of indulgence in intoxicating drinks?
Proverbs 23:20, 21, 29, 30; Hosea 4:11; Isaiah 28:7
21. With what sins is drunkenness classed?
22. To what extent is intemperance the cause of crime?
Answer: A Lord Chief Justice of England declared, “If sifted, nine tenths of the crime of England and Wales could be traced to drink” – “Alcohol”.
23. What may be said of the use of tobacco?
Answer: Being a rank poison, its use is highly injurious. “Tobacco is the most subtle poison known to chemists, except the deadly prussic acid” [Dr. M Orfila Paris. Med. Acc.].
24. Was Paul speaking of unclean and harmful foods in Romans 14:1-6?
Answer: It is contradictory to interpret Paul giving licence to eat anything at all. Paul’s admonitions in the scriptures quoted above [Number 4] prove otherwise. The context of Romans 14 and 1 Corinthians 8 would indicate that Paul is speaking of vegetarianism and of meats offered to idols.