THE LAW OF GOD AND
THE LAW OF MOSES
Does the Bible make any distinction between the Law of Moses (ceremonial Law) and the Law of God (Ten Commandments)? This lesson is intended to clear up the misunderstanding regarding these two Laws.
1. When God gave the Ten Commandments on the tablets of stone did He intend that this Law be separated and distinguished from other laws?
2. What indicates the enduring quality of his Law?
3. Where did Moses write all the laws and statutes besides the Ten Commandments? Deuteronomy 31:24 – 26;
4. What distinction was made with respect to the Ten Commandments?
Exodus 24:12, Exodus 31:18
5. What commandments did the children of Israel have when they left Egypt? Can you see the distinction between the sacrificial laws and God’s Law?
Jeremiah 7:21 – 23
6. What does Nehemiah quote the Lord as saying?
Nehemiah 9:13, 14
7. Upon what were the Ten Commandments written?
Deuteronomy 4:12, 13
8. Where did Moses record the Ceremonial laws?
2 Chronicles 35:12
9. Where were the Ten Commandments kept?
Exodus 40:20; 1 Kings 8:9
10. Where were the laws of Moses kept?
Deuteronomy 31:24 – 26
11. How long will the Law of God last?
Psalms 111:7, 8
12. How long did the Law of Moses last?
13. What did Jesus do to the Law of God?
14. What did Jesus do to the sacrificial laws?
15. What is God’s Law called?
Psalms 19:7; Romans 7:12
16. What about Moses law?
17. How does Paul distinguish between the commandments of God and the law of circumcision? 1 Corinthians 7:19
18. What law was in question in the dissension of Acts 15?
Acts 15:1, 5, 24
19. What law is spoken of in Colossians 2:16?
Colossian 2:14, 17 and Hebrews 9:9, 10
20. When was the time of reformation?
Hebrews 9:11, 12
Note: To understand more fully the significance and distinction of the sacrificial laws and God’s eternal Law read Hebrews Chapters 7 – 10.