CONFESSION and FORGIVENESS
1. What is necessary on our part to receive forgiveness of sin?
1 John 9; 1-9
2. How does one make confession?
Romans 10: 10
3. What is it that we must confess?
4. Is it necessary to confess our sins as well?
Numbers 5: 6, 7
5. Why is it essential that we confess all our sins?
Numbers 32: 23
6. What is the result of covering our sins?
How definite should one be in confessing sins?
Leviticus 5: 5
8. When David confessed his sin what did God do for him?
Psalms 32: 5
9. Will God hearken to the sincere cry of confession?
Psalms 86: 5
10. What is the measure of God’s mercy and forgiveness?
11. What else are we to confess?
James 5: 16
12. To what extent does God pardon and forgive our transgressions?
Isaiah 55: 7
13. How completely does God absolve us of our guilt and sin?
Micah 7: 19; Psalms 103: 12
14. What will accompany the confession?
Acts 19: 18, 19
15. What is necessary on the believer’s part before water baptism?
Matthew 6: 5,6
16. If we want God to forgive us what must we be willing to do?
Matthew 6: 12-15
17. What spirit must we manifest to others that we may be forgiven?
18. What is the blessed condition of one whose sins are forgiven ?
Psalm 32:1, 2
19. What is the condition of one who refuses to confess his sins?
Psalm 32:3, 4
20. If we refuse to confess Jesus Christ now will we be accepted by God? Luke 12:8, 9
Confession of sins comes from the offer of mercy – mercy displayed causes confession to flow, and confession flowing opens the way for mercy. If I do not have a contrite heart, God’s mercy will never be mine,, but if God had not manifested His mercy in Christ, I could never have had a contrite heart.